10 Inexpensive Trusted Home Remedies For Dry and Frizzy Hair
Having smooth and silky hair is perhaps the dream of every woman. For many, frizzy hair is a daily battle. For others, it can be an occasional problem. In either case, it is frustrating for those who want shiny, silky and bouncy hair. Dry hair occurs when the hair does not receive enough moisture. It reduces the shine and can make the hair look lifeless, frizzy and dull. Men and women of any age can be affected by dry hair. So lets talk about the best Home Remedies For Dry and Frizzy Hair. Some common causes of dry and frizzy hair are-
- Over-Use of Heat Styling Tools
- Using the Wrong Hair Care Products
- Excessive Hair Washing
- Over-Use of Hair Dyes and Bleaches
- Environmental Factors
These 10 inexpensive trusted home remedies will condition your brittle, dried out locks, leaving you with gorgeous, healthy hair-
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix equal amounts of water with apple cider vinegar to reduce its acidic property and use it as a final rinse after washing and shampooing your hair. This simple remedy will make the hair less frizzy and will add shine to your hair. You can use it every two to four weeks.
- Alternatively, you can apply apple cider vinegar diluted with water onto your scalp with a cotton ball. Then comb your hair gently to distribute the solution. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse your hair well.
- Repeat this once a week.
An avocado-based hair mask is a highly effective remedy to control frizzy hair. The high amount of vitamin E present in avocado helps tame the frizz. Apart from the amazing hydrating benefit, avocado also has the good kind of fatty acids that help soothe frizzy and unruly hair.
- Mash one ripe avocado, add a little olive oil and mix it well. Shampoo your hair and then apply the mixture on it.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, and then rinse it out with cold water.
- You can then condition your hair to get rid of the avocado scent.
- You can also mash an avocado and mix it with curd or mayonnaise to make a smooth paste
- Use this as a hair mask once or twice every week to prevent dryness and condition your hair.
Bananas are great for hair conditioning because they are rich in natural oils, potassium, carbohydrates and vitamins. All these ingredients lock in moisture to soften and add shine to your dry and dull hair and help prevent and repair split ends.
- Mash one ripe banana with a fork until there are no lumps.
- Mix in one-fourth cup of yogurt.
- Then add two tablespoons each of honey and olive oil.
- Apply the mask all over your hair and scalp.
- Put a shower cap over your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse your hair and then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Do this once a week.
Beer is a great option for restoring moisture in your hair. It has nutrients, minerals, vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants that your hair needs. Use darker beers for best results. This is one of the best the best Home Remedies For Dry and Frizzy Hair.
- Simply coat your hair with beer.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes and then rinse it out with cold water.
- Do this once every two weeks.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of beer, shampoo and conditioner. Apply this solution on your hair.
- Now brush your hair to create tension.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Use beer on your hair once every two weeks.
Eggs are one of the most popular home remedies for dry and frizzy hair. Egg yolks are rich in fats and proteins and are naturally moisturizing, while egg whites contain enzymes that kill bacteria and remove unwanted oils from the scalp. This is why eggs are often used to treat dry and frizzy hair.
- Whisk one egg and add one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it well. Olive oil will act as an emollient and help lock moisture into your hair.
- Apply it on your hair.
- Leave it on for about half an hour.
- Rinse it out and wash your hair thoroughly.
- Make sure you use a rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
Lemon and Honey
Lemon and honey are two of the most readily available ingredients that you can use to get rid of dry hair. Lemon contains vital vitamins and minerals that promote healthy hair, while honey is considered the ultimate moisturizer. This is one of the best the best Home Remedies For Dry and Frizzy Hair.
- Combine two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and honey.
- Dilute it with a cup of water and mix it well.
- Apply it on freshly washed hair.
- Make sure to coat the ends well and avoid the area of the scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wash with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Do this once or twice a week.
Aloe Vera Gel
An Aloe Vera based hair mask is one of the most well-known hair masks for dry hair. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory quality that helps in reducing itchiness of scalp, dandruff and provides deep conditioning to hair by reducing excessive oil from scalp and hair strands. It promotes hair growth and improves the pH balance of the scalp. It also prevents hair loss.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel throughout the hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then shampoo the hair.
Coconut milk works as a natural light protein and moisture treatment for frizzy hair. You can extract coconut milk from the flesh of the coconut or opt for one available in the market.
- Put two tablespoons of coconut milk in a small pot and heat it until warm.
- Make sure it doesn’t get too hot.
- Apply the warm coconut milk on your hair and cover your head with a towel.
- Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with shampoo and let your hair dry naturally.
- Do this twice a week to enjoy shiny and bouncy hair.
- Pour at least half a jar of mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Mix in one tablespoon of olive oil, an egg yolk and one tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Apply the mixture to freshly washed, damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half an hour.
- Thoroughly wash your hair using cold water.
Oil is considered the most important element for frizzy and dry hair that needs extra moisture. When it comes to hair oil, olive oil is one of the best options. Olive oil will help seal the moisture on your hair strands and will also condition them. This is one of the best the best Home Remedies For Dry and Frizzy Hair.
- Heat up one cup of olive oil.
- Evenly apply the warm oil on your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and wrap a hot towel around your head to increase moisture absorption.
- Leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair with cold water.
- Do this three times a week for best results.
So, with the help of our Home Remedies For Dry and Frizzy Hair, are you ready to flaunt your smooth and silky hair?
You can also check out our guide on Post Haircut Tips