Winter Hair Care Tips
Shiny, bouncy, thick and long hair are a dream of every woman. This becomes a far stretched goal in a city like Mumbai with the amount of pollution and dust that surrounds us. With winters around the corner, it is quite natural for the scalp to become dry which often leads to numerous issues like itchiness, hair fall, dandruff. But no worries because today we are going to tell you some easy tips for hair care during winters which will help you to keep your scalp healthy. Here we go:
1) Take 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Mix them well and massage it into the tips of your scalp with your fingertips and keep it for around 20 to 30 minutes and then wash your hair. This will help you to achieve a moisturized scalp which will keep dandruff away. You can follow this process once a week.
2) Deep conditioning is very important in winters. Apply your conditioner to the hair and take a hot towel. Wrap it around your hair for about 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
3) Take some mayonnaise and olive oil and lemon. Mix them well to form a thick paste. Apply this mixture to the roots of your hair. This helps to exfoliate the scalp which promotes hair growth by removing the dead skin cells which makes your hair dry and fizzy. Do this process once a week to achieve strong and long hair.
4) Take one egg and add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of curd. Apply this mixture all over your hair and keep it for around 15 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water. This will make your hair soft and help you to get rid of the dryness. Repeat this process once in 15 days.
5) Apply coconut milk to your scalp using a hair dye brush. Then cover your head with a towel and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Follow up with a shampoo. You can ideally prepare coconut milk at home by grinding the grated coconut and squeezing its milk. Coconut milk is rich in vitamin E and fats that help to moisturize your hair and keep it healthy and helps with hair growth. Thus, washing your hair with coconut milk can help reduce breakage of hair. You can follow this process once a week.
6) One of the most annoying things about winter is all of the static. The hoodies, sweater, scarves, gloves, and beanies all seem to gang up on your hair, making it a static, frizzy mess. To tackle this, use a vented hair brush that has a combination of plastic and boar bristles while combing your hair. Wash your hair only with lukewarm water, not hot water, as the latter will strip away the natural oils that protect and nourish your hair. Apply a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair smooth.
7) To treat the dry and fragile hair, hot oil benefits a lot. You can take any of the oils like jojoba oil, almond oil, olive oil or readily available coconut oil. Heat it for four to five minutes and off the flame. Don’t overheat the oil, it may damage the hair and scalp too. Apply this lukewarm oil with the help of fingertips to the scalp and entire hair. Massage the oil for five to ten minutes. Leave it for an hour or two and then rinse off using a mild shampoo.
8) Make a paste of potato, tea and lemon. For this you have to grate the potato well and then mix it with tea and lemon. Apply this mixture for 10-15 minutes and then follow up with a shampoo. Once you have cleaned the hair you can watch the magic. Potato helps to make your hair thicker and shiner. The anti-inflammatory properties of tea help to prevent itchiness. The hair seems so silky and bouncy and free from all the dry and fizziness.
9) Boil the neem leaves in water till the water level comes down to half its quantity. Wait for the mixture to cool. Rinse your hair with this mixture. Neem contains a potent antimicrobial compound called nimonol that helps in treating dandruff. This remedy will moisturize your hair and scalp to protect from dryness during winter and other seasons too. You can follow this process once a week.
10) A hair spa is also essentially important. It helps to repair dry and damaged hair, prevent dandruff and provides a strong and smooth hair from roots to tips. Check out our range of hair spas from complete Wella hair care to the use of Organic natural oils.
So we hope that you try these tips and tricks out and we have been of some help to you to achieve that perfect winter and ready hair!